Select a Category
Charge Ahead Colorado Grant Application
Regional Air Quality Council and Colorado Energy Office Electric Vehicle
and Charging Station Grant Application
In an effort to improve air quality and encourage deployment of electric vehicles across the State of Colorado, the Regional Air Quality Council (RAQC) and Colorado Energy Office (CEO) have teamed up to provide financial support for electric vehicles (EV) and electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE). To view a full list of projects awarded through Charge Ahead Colorado, please click here.
Criteria and eligibility differ between the two agencies. Please find a summary of each agency’s funding information and important dates in the chart below. See the application for detailed information.
All applications must be completed and submitted online at the link above. For preparation purposes, an up to date word formatted document may be found here.
- Questions are welcome at any time during the application period. For RAQC funding, please contact Anne Ritter by email or at 303.629.5450×210. For CEO funding, please contact Wes Maurer by email or at 303.866.2064.
- All applications must be completed and submitted online.
- The Electric Vehicle Implementation Working Group (EVIWG) will evaluate applications. The EVIWG is not responsible for any lost proposals, however, you will receive a confirmation that your proposal has been submitted.
- Applicants are encouraged to complete proposals in word format, save, and then transfer information to the online application. Applicants should print the completed online application and keep a copy on file. A word formatted version of the application can be found in the Application section above.
- The EVIWG has the ability to award partial funding to applicants if the applicant is willing to accept the reduced award.
Please see the Charge Ahead Colorado Resources Page for Examples of Successful Applications, Cooperative Purchasing Opportunities, Purchase Order Terms and Conditions, Final Grant Documentation and Reporting Templates, and Other EV and EVSE Resources.
The RAQC and CEO created this funding opportunity with the intent of reducing harmful air pollutants and encouraging the diversification of the State of Colorado’s transportation fuels mix. Please find a complete list of the grant’s long term goals in the application.
The RAQC was awarded federal funding from the Congestion Mitigation/Air Quality (CMAQ) program to fund this opportunity. The funding is designated specifically for the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) planning area of Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Boulder, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson Counties to improve air quality in the region.
CEO’s electric vehicle charging program was established by the Colorado legislature in 2009 and reaffirmed in HB-1315. The fund allows CEO to provide grants to install electric charging stations to local governments that have prioritized energy efficiency measures.
|For RAQC funding, please contact:|
P: 303.629.5450 x290
E: Email Kate
P: 303.629.5450 x210
E: Email Anne
|For CEO funding, please contact:|
E: Email Wes
E: Email Cabell