Charge Ahead Colorado Grant Application
Regional Air Quality Council and Colorado Energy Office
Electric Vehicle and Charging Station Grant Application
In an effort to improve air quality and encourage deployment of electric vehicles across the State of Colorado, the Regional Air Quality Council (RAQC) and Colorado Energy Office (CEO) have teamed up to provide financial support for electric vehicles (EV) and electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE).
Criteria and eligibility differ between the two agencies. Please find a summary of each agency’s funding information and important dates in the chart below. See the application for detailed information.
Please click here to complete and submit the application. For preparation purposes, an up to date word formatted document may be found in the resources section below.
- Questions are welcome at any time during the application period. For RAQC funding, please contact Kate Ruygrok by email or at 303.629.5450x290. For CEO funding, please contact Tom Hunt by email or at 303.866.2594.
- All applications must be completed and submitted online.
- The Electric Vehicle Implementation Working Group (EVIWG) will evaluate applications. The EVIWG is not responsible for any lost proposals, however, you will receive a confirmation that your proposal has been submitted.
- Applicants are encouraged to complete proposals in word format, save, and then transfer information to the online application. Applicants should print the completed online application and keep on file. A word format of the application can be found in the resources section below.
- The EVIWG has the ability to award partial funding to applicants if the applicant is willing to accept the reduced award.
- Fourth Round RAQC and CEO EV/EVSE application in word format for preparation purposes only
- State of Colorado Bid for Electric Vehicles
- Example RFP for EVSE from Alameda County, California
- Recommendations on EVSE site design from Sustainable Transportation Strategies
- RAQC PO Terms and Conditions
- CEO PO Terms and Conditions
- "How Electric Vehicles Can Benefit Property Developers"
- Project FEVER: Colorado Electric Vehicle and Infrastructure Readiness Plan
- To view the full Project FEVER report with appendices, please visit www.ElectricRideColorado.com. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "partner login." Username: theelectricride, Password:letsgo. The report can be found on the right side of the menu under "Final Readiness Plan."
- Awarded Charge Ahead Colorado Projects
- In the future, successful grant applications and EV/EVSE bid documents submitted to the RAQC will be posted here.
The RAQC and CEO created this funding opportunity with the intent of reducing harmful air pollutants and encouraging the diversification of the State of Colorado’s transportation fuels mix. Please find a complete list of the grant’s long term goals in the application.
The RAQC was awarded federal funding from the Congestion Mitigation/Air Quality (CMAQ) program to fund this opportunity. The funding is designated specifically for the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) planning area of Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Boulder, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson Counties to improve air quality in the region.
CEO’s electric vehicle charging program was established by the Colorado legislature in 2009 and reaffirmed in HB-1315. The fund allows CEO to provide grants to install electric charging stations to local governments that have prioritized energy efficiency measures.
For RAQC funding, please contact:
P: 303.629.5450 x230
E: Email Steve
P: 303.629.5450 x290
E: Email Kate
For CEO funding, please contact:
E: Email Tom
E: Email Cabell